Super simple. Smooth. Creamy and full of flavour.
We're talking sunbutter today! So let's get right to it!
I've been making my own nut butter's for sometime now. Natural peanut and almond butter are a staple in our house. I really don't know why it took me so long to add sunflower seed butter to the list. But, c'est la vie. It's quick and easy to make. So simple: so good. I really do love simple recipes that are healthy and tasty at the same time. This recipe is no exception to that.
If there's one thing you should know about me it's that I love nut and seed butters. I think it all started when I discovered Tosca Reno and the Eat Clean Diet. Now I like to create a lot of my own nut + seed butters, putting my own spin on them, making them as simple and healthy as possible. Here's some of my other recipes here, here and here to check out
Had no sugar, is high in Vitamins B6 and E, is nut-free, EASY to make, and very versatile.
Healthy fats, like those found in nut's and seeds, help make your hair, skin and nails look healthy, radiant and strong. And here's the clincher, you can't burn fat if you don't eat fat. The metabolic system depends on it.
Whether you have an allergy to nuts or not, you'll love this creamy deliciousness. Enjoy!
Sunflower Seed Butter vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, sugar-free | Makes about 1 cup
- 2 cups raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 325˚F. Toast the sunflower seeds on a baking sheet, stirring once or twice to prevent burning, until fragrant and golden brown; about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly; 3-5 minutes.
- While the sunflower seeds are still warm, place them in a food processor and blend/puree until creamy and smooth; about 10 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Allow the machine to do it's thing and the consistency will get creamier as you go. Once the mixture begins to look smooth, add the sea salt, and pulse to incorporate.
- Taste and add more sea salt if needed. Store in a sealed jar in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.
Serving Size: 1 tbsp Calories: 86 Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 0.6g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 75mg Carbohydrates: 2.8g Sugar: 0g Fiber: 1.2g Protein: 3g