With honey and cinnamon. Yes! That would have been a very long title wouldn't it?
Sure there's always the classic PB+J but I'm a bit of a sucker for this one. Although to honest with you, if it's got nut butter on it or in it I'll love it.
This is a childhood favourite with a few additions.
1. Cinnamon (one of the best spices ever!)
2. Honey (local of course)
...not just any honey either...creamed honey! The texture is just so smooth and silky it puts this sandwich over the top.
Of course there is no wrong way to make a peanut butter sandwich. Whether you like it crunchy or smooth (hey peanut butter choice is a very personal issue), let's just get one thing straight; don't be stingy with it. Am I right? This sandwich is all about the balance of flavor and texture. Two tablespoons will do the job well.
You can have it for breakfast or lunch. Take it on a hike. On thing is for certain... if you have a peanut butter craving, this will cure it.
Are you getting hungry yet?
PB + Banana Sandwich with Cinnamon & Honey (gluten free option) serves 1
- 2 slices whole grain bread (or GF bread)
- 2 tbsp smooth natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp unpasturized creamed honey
- 1/2 ripe banana
- ground cinnamon for sprinkling
- Spread peanut butter evenly on both slices of bread. Gently spread creamed honey over the peanut butter of one slice of bread.
- Slice banana in 3/4-inch slices and place on the other piece of bread with peanut butter. Make sure the banana slices are close together and completely cover the slice of bread.
- Sprinkle both sides well with cinnamon. Place the slices togeter, cut and serve.
*Tip* This is also great toasted up in a panini press or grill.
I think it's effectively cold enough now that it's time to break out the pumpkin.