This recipe is too good for words, so I thought I would let the pictures do the talking this time.
Cacao Coconut Cluster Granola (Makes about 2 1/2 cups of granola)
- 2 tbsp toasted unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup raw buckwheat groats
- 3 tbsp millet
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 300*F. Place the shredded coconut + coconut flakes on a baking sheet lined with parchement paper and toast in the oven for 8 minutes, stirring halfway through. Watch carefully that the coconut doesn't burn. Let cool and transfer to a bowl for later. Keep the parchement on the baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rolled oats, raw buckwheat groats, millet, cinnamon, cocoa powder, and sea salt.
- To the dry ingredients add the vanilla, maple syrup and coconut oil and stir until all the ingredients are well coated
- Transfer the mixture to a the baking seet and spread into a thin even layer. Bake for 25-30 minutes stirring every 10 minutes to ensure even browning. Remove from oven and stir in toasted coconut and cacao nibs.
- Store in an air-tight container at room temperature.