After a long day of Christmas shopping I came home starving for dinner and wanted nothing more than something fast and tasty. After thinking about my options I quickly decided on making my favourite honey mustard chicken dish.
This very simple dish will delight your taste buds. It is a must try. The flavours blend together to be sweet at the same time as tangy.
I mean, sure, I could have just picked up a pizza or something else that I didn't have to cook.
But who needs take out when I can make this...
So fast and oh so simple.
Honey, mustard and cider vinegar are really a match made in heaven!
Honey Mustard Chicken with Sauce (serves 3)
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, slightly pounded
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for cooking the chicken
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp un-pasturized honey
- 2 Tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp water
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tsp of olive oil, minced garlic, honey, mustard, cider vinegar and water. Hit with a little salt and pepper to suit your taste if desired.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add a few splashes of olive oil (or olive oil cooking spray) to the pan and saute chicken for 5-10 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink on the inside.
- Add honey mustard mixture to the pan and saute with the chicken for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve chicken and then top with the honey-mustard sauce from the pan. Pair with your favourtie veggies. It goes great with baked sweet potato fries or roasted potatoes, and steamed green beans.
Note: The thicker the chicken breasts are the longer they will take to cook. Just pound them slightly with a rolling pin or pan to ensure even cooking.