Welcome! Thanks for visiting my little corner of the web.
I'm Jennifer. Originally from Toronto, I currently live just north of the city in the cottage country. I do all of the writing, photography, and recipe developing, for the blog. I share healthy, functional recipes that my family and I enjoy on an everyday basis. While this is not strictly a gluten-free, you’ll find that many of my recipes are. This is simply because I enjoy eating and cooking this way, and I want to share recipes that everyone can enjoy. I also make recipes that are vegan.
While my background and passion is in audio recording technology, sound + creative sound design. I am also very passionate about nutrition, healthy eating, and fitness.
I like to think that cooking is something that brings you back to your roots and connects you with your family. What's better than a house filled with the aroma of apple crisp baking away in the oven while you sit down to Sunday dinner with your loved ones?
I believe in eating wholesome, real, local food, while living an active life. Cooking doesn't have to be about creating complicated masterpieces that require a chefs degree. The way I see it; simple tastes best.
Here I would like to share with you my love for food, great recipes, music related musings, and food photography.
More about me:
- I graduated from the Ontario Institute of Audio Recording Technology (OIART for short) with a degree in audio engineering.
- I started lifting weights around 2006 because I wanted to in-shape and healthy. Since then I've made some pretty noticeable gains and now weight training is a huge part of my life. Fitness + nutrition has become a huge part of my life ever since.
- I’ve been printed + published three times in both Low Sugar Living and Go Gluten-Free magazines.
- Breakfast is my favourite meal.
- I love music and playing guitar - I currently own 6 guitars.
- Rodrigo y Gabriela are my music hero’s.
- I feel best when I get more plants into my diet.
- Coffee, loose-leaf tea, wine, and local craft beer are delicious.
- I love hiking + exploring, golf, cycling, and traveling to hot, exotic places.
MY CAMERA, PHOTOS ETC.
I shoot all of the photos here with the Canon 60D. My main lens right now is the 50 mm f/1.4. I edit the photos with Lightroom.
If you’d like to say hi, have a recipe request, or want to work together just drop me a line. For inquiries relating to creative collaboration, sponsored posts, questions about recipes, and the like, you can contact me here. You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to catch little snippits of my daily happenings and tasty photos of food.
Thanks for stopping by and I always love to hear from readers!